After much deliberation and discussion, the Book Club for People Who Have No Time for Book Clubs decided to have more structure and schedule. I wanted to keep our leisurely pace — a book a month is a bit too much for us all and we’d prefer to reflect on them a little bit more.
So you’ll see our book club calendar is every SIX weeks rather than once a month like the typical book club. That means in a list of 19 books, we cover about two years. I’ve also arranged them seasonally based on the content of the book — autumn books for autumn, winter books for winter and so on.
Here’s the Book Club Calendar if you want to buy ahead:
- Maus 1 & 2 by Art Spiegelman — August 30th, 2016
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon — September 15th, 2016
- The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick — November 8th, 2016
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by J.K. Rowling as Robert Galbraith — December 23rd (eve of Eve!), 2016
- Foundation by Isaac Asimov — February 7th, 2017
- Silence by Shusaku Endo — March 21st, 2017
- Fletch by Gregory Mac — April 30th, 2017
- Shadow and Claw by Gene Wolfe OR (if you need something shorter) The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss — June 16, 2017
- Plainsong by Kent Haruf — July 30th, 2017
- Dr. Suess book of your choice — August 7th, 2017
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins — September 14th, 2017
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson — October 31st (All Hallows Eve!), 2017
- Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch — December 14th, 2017
- Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry — January 20th, 2018
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks OR Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers — February 28th, 2018
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King — April 15th, 2018
- Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card — May 30th, 2018
- Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton — July 15th, 2018
- Perelandra by C.S. Lewis — August 30th, 2018
Looking forward to having you join us.